Does God Exist?


A friend of mine by name Twumasi Appiah Davis (TA Davis) wrote this post on Facebook and I would like to share it with you. He gives a different perspective to the debate; Does God exist? 
Reading time is about 2 minutes.

In Ghana this is a no brainer to many but there's more to planet earth than just my country. I shared my humble opinion in a debate and I'd like to share it here too:

Two things:
There is a story of a blind man who claimed being healed by the Bible Jesus. There was a dispute between the people and the priests whether the man Jesus was a true prophet. The man though apparently not being that much educated or sophisticated gave the profoundest answer. And I believe this answer is the ultimate solution to the God debate.

Both the priests and the people presented evidence to support their sides. When all was said and the man was asked, He answered and said, whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see (John 9:25 NKJV).
In the same way I would say both sides of the God debate seem plausible but the ultimate test of this truth would be a personal experience. If a man used to be an arrogant, pleasure loving selfish addict and he saw his own ways transform after he believed in Christ, without paying a cent for professional help, then there may be a method in the madness that there must be something paranormal to it.
Secondly whenever I listen to the God debate I see that both sides are more eager to make their position seem right than they are to objectively assess the evidence.

When it happens that way then you can be sure the debate is now more about ego on both sides, a sheer desire to feel influential (in the one FOR) or a wistful want to escape moral responsibility (in the one AGAINST) and less about the subject matter itself. There's nothing intellectual about that and of course this way would lead to no good. 

Bottom line: The God Evidence is not so much in an assessment of some physical facts or philosophies as it is in a personal transformation of character from an angry selfish frustrated anxious person to a calm humble peaceful selfless satisfied person.

Credit goes to Twumasi Appiah Davis (TA Davis) who shared this post on Facebook on January 4 2015.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ebony is not in Heaven!!!

Cholesterol, Good and/or Bad

Healthy Mind; food for the nervous system